On Thursday, March 10, 2016, Sen. David Vitter (R-La.), Chairman of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship (SBC), will hold a hearing entitled, “Up in the Air: Examining the Commercial Applications of Unmanned Aircraft for Small Businesses.”
During the hearing, Committee Members, industry experts, and small business owners will discuss the need to create a culture of safety, compliance, and innovation to ensure that proposed FAA regulations are finalized in a way that allows small businesses to benefit from Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) application in all industries.
Invited witnesses include:
• Mr. Brian Wynne, President and CEO at Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International
• Captain Tim Canoll, President at Air Line Pilots Association, International
• Mr. Eli Dourado, Director, Technology Policy Program at Mercatus Center, George Mason University
• Dr. Thomas W. Vaneck, Vice President, Disruptive Technologies at Physical Sciences Inc.
• Dr. Gregory S. McNeal, Professor of Law at Pepperdine University and Co-Founder at AirMap
The hearing will be streamed live here.