On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 10:00am EDT, the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship (SBC) will hold a hearing entitled, “No More Hikes: Small Business Survival Amidst Unaffordable Flood Insurance Rate Increases.”
During Thursday’s hearing, Committee Members will examine the details of the National Flood Insurance Program and discuss the need to avoid coverage lapses and unaffordable rate increases ahead of the September 2017 deadline to reauthorize the program. The committee will hear from five witnesses with firsthand knowledge of the flood insurance program and examine ways to protect small businesses that struggle to operate with rising premiums.
Invited witnesses to the hearing include:
- Mr. Roy E. Wright, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Mr. Kevin Robles, Domain Homes
- Ms. Ceil Strauss, Association of State Floodplain Managers
- Mr. David G. McKey, Coldwell Banker One
- Mr. Randy Noel, National Association of Homebuilders
The hearing and business meeting will be livestreamed here.