On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 11:00am EDT, the Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee (SBC) will hold a hearing entitled, “Keeping the American Dream Alive: The Challenge to Create Jobs Under the NLRB’s New Joint Employer Standard.”
In August 2015, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) issued a ruling that redefined its criteria for what qualifies a business as a joint employer. The NLRB’s rule fundamentally changes the proven successful franchise model of business and leaves many small business employers liable to violate unfair labor practices. During Thursday’s hearing, Committee Members will hear from small business owners and experts on how the NLRB rule will impact small employers.
Invited witnesses to the hearing include:
- Ms. Ciara Stockeland, Founder and COO of MODE
- Mr. Keith R. Bolek, Partner at O’Donoghue & O’Donoghue LLP
- Ms. Lynn Berberich, Owner of BrightStar Healthcare of Baltimore
- Professor Harris Freeman, Western New England School of Law
- Mr. James Sherk, Research Fellow from Heritage Foundation’s Institute for Economic Freedom and Opportunity
The hearing and business meeting will be livestreamed here.