On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 10:00 AM ET, the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship (SBC) will hold a hearing entitled, “Searching for Capital: How Venture Capitalists and Angel Investors Fund Entrepreneurs and Startup Companies.”
During Thursday’s hearing, Committee Members will examine current trends and strategies in the venture capital ecosystem, as well as the various options that startup companies have to raise capital throughout different stages of business development. Committee members will also examine strategies for hiring at startups, the impact of geographical location, the impact of local laws and regulations on fueling capital investment, and challenges in heavily-regulated industries versus disruptive technologies.
Invited witnesses to the hearing include:
- Mr. Scott Kupor, Managing Partner at Andreessen Horowitz
- Dr. Jeffrey E. Sohl, Ph. D., Director of the Center for Venture Research and Professor of Entrepreneurship and Decision Sciences at Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics, University of New Hampshire
- Mr. Michael J. Eckert, Chairman of NO/LA Angel Network
- Mr. Joseph L. Schocken, Founder and CEO of Broadmark Capital
- Dr. Ali Behbahani, MD, Partner at New Enterprise Associates
The hearing will be livestreamed here.