On Thursday, June 25, 2014, Sen. David Vitter (R-La.), Chairman of the Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee, will hold a hearing entitled, “Opening Doors to Economic Opportunity For Our Veterans and Their Families Through Entrepreneurship.”
The hearing will examine entrepreneurship programs available to veterans, especially those with disabilities, as they transition to civilian life. Committee members will hear from veteran small business owners, as well as from those who administer technical assistance programs, including the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Office of Veterans Business Development.
Thursday, June 25, 2015
“Opening Doors to Economic Opportunity For Our Veterans and Their Families Through Entrepreneurship”
428A Russell Senate Office Building
Invited witnesses include:
• Mrs. Katrina Nowosielski, Owner, Storm Guard of LA
• Mr. Albert Tansey, President, Tansey Electric
• Ms. Laurie Sayles Artis, President and CEO, Civility Management Solutions
• Ms. Barbara Carson, Acting Associate Administrator, Office of Veterans Business Development, Small Business Administration
• Dr. Michael Haynie, Executive Director, Institute for Veterans and Military Families
• Mr. Scott Daugherty, Assistant Vice Chancellor and State Director, Small Business Technology and Development Center in North Carolina
• Mr. Charles McCaffrey, Acting Director, Veterans Business Outreach Center at Community Business Partnership
The hearing will be livestreamed on SBC.senate.gov.