On Monday, June 8, 2015, Sen. David Vitter (R-La.), Chairman of the Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee, will hold a field hearing in Lafayette, La. to discuss ways to relieve traffic congestion and how to improve and update our nation’s roads and bridges. Rep. Charles Boustany Jr., M.D. (R-La.) will join the field hearing as a guest Member of the Committee. Ahead of the field hearing, Vitter and Boustany will hold a town hall meeting. Both are open to the public.
Vitter will hear from expert witnesses to discuss the need to invest federal funding to relieve traffic congestion and how improving our roads and bridges will help local small businesses. The field hearing will also examine a number of issues, including efforts to pass a long-term surface transportation reauthorization bill that would help to maintain and modernize the U.S. transportation infrastructure.
“Need to Invest Federal Funding to Relieve Traffic Congestion and Increase Small Business Growth by Improving Our Roads and Bridges at the State and Local Level”
10:30 AM CST
Lafayette Public Library South Auditorium
6101 Johnston St.
Lafayette, LA 70503
Invited witnesses include:
• Mr. David Kim, Associate Administrator for Policy and Governmental Affairs, Federal Highway Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation
• Mr. Terry Baugh, CFO, D&J Construction
• Mr. Kam Movassaghi, P.E., Ph.D., F. ASCE
• Mr. Don Hargroder, Owner, Courtesy Automotive
• Ms. Missy Rogers, President, Noble Plastics